SC - malt

Richard Kappler rkappler at home.com
Tue Dec 14 13:34:00 PST 1999

But Bear, the maize then becomes the malt.  I never specified which grain.
To brewers, malt is simply grain...of ANY type, in which the seed is allowed
to grow for a very short time then killed.  Corn, wheat, barley among others
all are malted and then considered malt.  It doesn't have to be barley.

Regards, Puck

Actually, you can brew without malt, consider tizwin (I think the spelling
is correct for the Apache popskull made from the simple fermentation of
maize).

Bear