SC - Brandied fruit/ cake

Terri Millette wayspiff at ici.net
Tue Dec 14 00:08:40 PST 1999

Melandra asked:
- -
>I am looking for a recipe, modern or period, that involves fermenting
fruit.  The recipe I used to have had something to do with various types of
canned fruit, that was added with sugar over several days.   When thefruit
was used, more was to be dumped into the container.  If this sounds
familiar, please send me your recipe. <

Fruit cake

1 quart sliced peaches 2 1/2 cups sugar
stir every day for 10 days
then  add
10 onces crushed pinapple  2 1/2 cups sugar
stir every day for 10 more days

then add
10 candy orange slices cut fine
stir for 10 days
 drain juicee ( save 1 1/2 cups)

This ends up as 30 days all total, cover with a cloth , but don't
seal in something air tight

cake yellow or white cake mix
small box vanilla instant pudding
1 cup walnuts chopped
4 eggs beaton
2/3 cup oil
1 1/2 cup fruit
mix

fold in fruit

alas, 	I have no cooking directions, but imagine if you follow the
directions on the cake package give or take some time( as it ends up
wetter) it will all work out.

Fiona