SC - Period Asian Cooking

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Wed Dec 15 20:59:13 PST 1999

At 4:06 PM +1100 12/16/99, HICKS, MELISSA wrote:

>There is a translation of a 14th Century Chinese Cookbook in PPC 61 (I
>think) with suggested changes for some of the translations in a later issue.
>I think this is a direct translation only - no hints or thoughts on how to
>make them in a modern kitchen.

And I did one of the recipes, successfully (although not, I now
think, perfectly accurately) a few days ago.  Carp with ginger and
pepper , cooked in sesame oil with soy sauce added. Tasty.

The PPC web site is:

http://www.members.tripod.com/rdeh/ppchome.html

David/Cariadoc
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/