SC - egg sizes

Hupman, Laurie LHupman at kenyon.com
Thu Dec 16 07:59:41 PST 1999

"Likewise, smaller hens who produce larger eggs take up less
 coop space and eat less feed, resulting in more compact and more efficient
 egg production and more profit." when the chickens were generally left to
eat what they would on a free-range basis. Do we have any evidence of
chickens being fed grain, even in winter?

Brother Johann (the chicken guy in the Midrealm) told me not too long ago
that he's experimenting with some period diets for his poultry.  I don't
know what his sources are, but it sounds like there's something out there...

Rose :)