SC - Sweets to the sweet, have some fruitcake...

Nanna Rögnvaldardóttir nannar at isholf.is
Fri Dec 17 15:34:20 PST 1999

Bernadette wrote:
>Maybe I'm asking a stupid question here, but is it possible to
>make this fruitcake WITHOUT the rum or brandy?

Sure you can. Use cider, or grape juice, or orange juice, or whatever you
wish to soak the fruit - some good strong tea would work too, I guess, since
I´ve used that for other fruitcake recipes - and you don´t need to feed the
cake with anything. I don´t know how this will affect the keeping quality
but I´ve served this cake - without any alcohol feeding - when only a day or
two old and it was quite good.

I´m not sure which juice would be best but personally I´d experiment with
orange juice - or perhaps apple juice.

Nanna