SC - agave-OOP

Mordonna22 at aol.com Mordonna22 at aol.com
Fri Dec 17 22:59:39 PST 1999

In a message dated 12/17/1999 8:55:12 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
LrdRas at aol.com writes:

<<
 And I was wondering why the special precautions with agave? The contain no
 thorns or stickers. The points of the blades of the leaves are very tough
and
 can jab you a good one but they are hardly dangerous enough to demand the
 precautions you suggest when handling. In fact, pineapple leaves have far
 more potential to do physical damage than agave blades.

Some of the agave plants out here have very fine "hair" on the blades, that
is devilishly difficult to remove from flesh.  There seem to be hundreds of
varieties of agave here.  Every landscaper seems to have his own special one.
 The reason for the comment was because I had a run in with one of these in
the not too distant past.  That should discourage me from trying to steal a
cutting for a while.

Mordonna the Cook,
SunDragon's Western Reaches
Atenveldt