SC - Cinnamon varieties (long)

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Sat Dec 18 14:17:04 PST 1999

In a message dated 12/18/99 2:30:57 AM Eastern Standard Time,
kerric at pobox.alaska.net writes:

<< In my experience,
 however, sincerity and a genuine interest in the subject (plus preplanning
and
 lots of politeness) has gained me access when I had no academic credentials
in
 that area.

 Kerri >>

Actually, I am making some inroads with federal institutions and libraries so
the veracity of your argument is evident. My problem seems to mostly occur
with private libraries and state/private universities. Unfortunately, I do
not have a degree at all, let alone one outside my field of interest. Without
such a degree it is very difficult to convince a collection curator that you
are in fact very much aware of the fragility of a 600 year old manuscript and
harder yet to convince them that you really do have legitimate reasons to be
allowed access to it.

As I posted in the  note immediately preceding this one, I am having less
difficulties  in such areas within the federal archives. :-)

Ras