SC - access to manuscripts, was: redacting

Thomas Gloning Thomas.Gloning at germanistik.uni-giessen.de
Sun Dec 19 09:25:06 PST 1999

<<< 'Or they will xerox it FOR you.
 Phillipa Seton'
Not the manuscripts I want access too. :-)
Ras >>>

It is quite common _not_ to xerox manuscripts because of the strong
light emission in the course of xeroxing, that could cause damage.

You have to order a _microfilm_ of the manuscript or the relevant
portions and then produce readerprinter copies from the microfilm. Many
libraries now accept payment via card (which I do not use myself but
which can be important for international money transfer). As far as I
can say, they do not care so much about who you are but how they get
their money for their labor (usually in advance).

Could you give us/me some examples of manuscripts you would like to see?
Perhaps we/I would like to see them too ;-)

Cheers,
Thomas