SC - Late Fall/Early Winter Vegetables

Aldyth at aol.com Aldyth at aol.com
Sun Dec 19 15:38:52 PST 1999

In a message dated 12/19/1999 4:07:48 PM Mountain Standard Time,
CorwynWdwd at aol.com writes:

<< this due to the number of times served? Or is it that people don't like
 turnips? If the latter, I've had great success substituting parsnips. >>

Earlier this year I was fortunate enough to spend time in Ireland.  Behind my
daughters home is a farmers field that grows "turnips" every other year.
They call those turnips "swedes" and they are so large as to fit in two
hands.  They are not strong at all, but are sweet and mild.  Our parsnips do
taste much like them.

Aldyth