SC - period poultry feed

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Sun Dec 19 19:13:14 PST 1999

In a message dated 12/19/99 10:19:49 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Mordonna22 at aol.com writes:

<< For instance, when you say "grain" do you mean any cereal grass in any
form?   >>

I mean a few handfuls of cracked oats and wheat or some such mixture thrown
to the chickens on a daily basis during most months. I am not saying this was
their primary food only that it was used as a supplemental feed. I know I
have seen period pictures showing grain being thrown to the chickens. I have
been doing my best to search through my books that contain period
illustrations for such an item but to be truthful, the holiday season is one
of the most hectic at work and in my private life so this search is
definitely not a priority thing. My library is extensive making the search
even slower. :-(

I was sort of hoping that others such as yourself would have a better memory
for details and beat me to the punch. :-)

Ras
(Merry Kill a Tree for Jesus)