SC - corn flour? - oop

Lilinah biti-Anat lilinah at grin.net
Wed Dec 22 15:39:56 PST 1999

Magdalena asked:
>    I have a European cookbook (I live in America), and a recipe I'm
>interested in calls for corn flour.  Is that the same as the corn meal I
>have in my freezer?  And has anyone ever made shortbread with a half and
>half mix of corn meal and white flour?

My experience in Europe and with European cookbooks is that this
usually refers to what we Americans call cornstarch.

I think putting it in a shortbread would be delicious - it would make
it even more delicate.

Re: other people's posts: Corn meal would be, in my opinion only, not
very good. Masa harina would be weird, but possibly worth
experimenting with. But i wouldn't serve it to guests without testing
it first.

Anahita al-shazhiya