SC - OT--Receipe for Crab Rangoon

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 29 16:01:47 PST 1999

- --- Philip & Susan Troy <troy at asan.com> wrote:

> I don't think this is an especially common dish in
> the Chinese
> restaurants around here, but one or two local places
> have begun selling
> them, and then a nearby place has begun selling a
> sinister-sounding dish
> called cheese wontons, which may be a crabless
> relative. I wonder if
> it's a West-Coast Chinatown thing.
>
> Adamantius
> --
> Phil & Susan Troy
>
> troy at asan.com

Well, according to previous posts, it probably isn't,
but here in Southern California I have had several
different versions of "cheese wontons", either with or
without crab, and occasionally with lobster or shrimp.
All of them found in various Chinese resaurants, none
of which were in Chinatown.

Huette