SC - OOP - Temp delurk

upsxdls at okstate.edu upsxdls at okstate.edu
Wed Dec 1 08:13:38 PST 1999

Greetings to the list!

I thought I'd delurk long enough to add my comments to recent threads.

     Thanksgiving was great!  I was invited to dinner at my cousins' house.
I didn't have to cook a thing!  What a treat.  I love to cook, but
sometimes it's nice to eat what someone else has prepared.  We had typical
Thanksgiving fare:  Smoked turkey, baked ham, Broccoli-Rice Casserole,
cornbread dressing, candied sweet potatoes, homemade croissants, mashed
potatoes, giblet gravy, pink jello salad and pumpkin pie.
     Saturday after Thanksgiving, I travelled to Moore, OK to visit Aunt,
Uncle and cousin(s) I haven't seen since "hair pulling days."  Seems
everytime we got together as kids we ended up in hair-pulling contests.  I
don't remember who won.  Anyway, when I hugged my cousin, I said, "I grew
up, but what happenned to you?"  I'm 6' tall.  I'll bet she isn't 5'2" on a
good day..  Cousin made a huge pot of gumbo for dinner.  She toned the heat
down for our Okie tastebuds.  She said fumes from her usual could peel
wallpaper off the walls.  Served over white rice with homemade rolls and
no-sugar-added raisin pie.  I asked for the gumbo recipe and was told
"start with a dark roux and add a little of this and a little of that."
     I'll probably spend Christmas with cousins.  This time I'm planning to
bake beef brisket, make my favorite date-nut candy and bake Pizzelles.  One
of my goals is to try Stephen's wafer recipe on my electric pizzelle maker.
     Hum, what would I like for Christmas?  A blender, a significant other
(but I'd settle for a Christmas Goose).  I dream of a heavy-duty Kitchenaid
mixer, peace on Earth and goodwill toward men.
     I still have four gallons of mead brewing.  Basic lemon, apple, plain
and cinnamon-clove.  Ox, the local brewer has custody at his house.  He
says they're ready to bottle.  I may end up putting it in canning jars.
Perhaps it's time to have a mead-tasting party for my birthday in January.
     Well, back to work and back to lurk.  Happy Holidays!  Leanna of
Sparrowhaven

PS.  Please let me know if you're planning to attend Wiesenfeuer Rule
Revel.  I may attend to play music for the dancers (unless I get too drunk
to lift my fiddle).  I'll look forward to seeing you there.  L of S