SC - latkes

Mark.S Harris rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com
Wed Dec 8 12:53:29 PST 1999

Doesn't look like it this time. I searched this file looking for 'Bear'
previously. After this message where you said it wasn't you, I've looked
through the file visually and don't see those messages. I've also looked
for information saved to put in that file and don't find it. So it looks
like I didn't save those messaages. If I remember correctly, the thread
was either just too rambling or it wasn't clear that the items were
period.

This file in the FOOD section is the one such things usually go in:
utensils-msg     (133K) 10/ 1/99    Utensils, plates, trenchers, cast
iron pots.

It is so big though, that as soon as I figure out the best way to split
some of it off, it will become two or more files.

Unfortunately, there is no good way to search the SCA-Cooks digests. If there
were I could find the early part of the series of Palladius messages I
want. :-( What I do have is now in this file in the PLANTS, HERBS AND SPICES
section:
Palladius-art     (41K) 11/18/99    Palladius' treatise on gardening 1420.

So if anyone did save that thread, specifically the first three messages,
please contact me.

Stefan

lilinah at grin.net writes:
> << And you can be sure that the only food processors
>  in Medieval times were humans armed with knives, graters, and mortars
>  and pestles. >>
>
> Actually, IIRC, I think that Bear (?) posted that a version of the food
> processor was period several months ago. I can't remember if any details
> were
> given but it was apparently a contraption of some sort that had been seen
> at
> an exhibit or museum or some such.
>
> Ras
- --