SC - suet sources

Lurking Girl tori at panix.com
Wed Dec 8 13:10:11 PST 1999

Philip & Susan Troy wrote:

> Sorry to piggyback, I can't find the original post...Vika, does Panix
> have a fridge with a freezer? I think I have a chunk of veal suet in
> mine that I could bring you (or is it caul fat, something Countess
> Brekke was looking for...)...I'll check, and there's a chance I may stop
> by Tuesday with enough for a pudding or two.

We do have a fridge with a freezer, but Balducci's gave me about 3/4 of
a pound.  For free, even.  They looked at me kinda funny.  But I have
made my Christmas pudding and it's soaking up brandy in the garage.

Still, if your veal suet doesn't have a happy home, I'll be glad to
take it.  :)  Those of you who have made suet puddings a lot: is there
any taste difference depending on the type of suet?  Could I use pork
fat or sheep fat or whatever too?

Vika

- --
      Victoria Swann * tori at panix.com * http://www.panix.com/~tori
LNH: Lurking Girl * SCA: Vika (Ostgardr) * WB: miri * work: vf at panix.com
   "Commit a little mortal sin, it's good for the soul."  -J. Buffett
     If you spam me, you will be procmailed out of 10,000 mailboxes.