SC - French 16th century cookbooks

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Fri Dec 10 18:27:24 PST 1999

Pink Sunshine wrote:

> <<  Philip Hyman et Mary Hyman: Les livres de cuisine et le
>   commerce des recettes en France aux XVe et XVIe siècles.
>   In: Du manuscrit à la table. Ed. Carole Lambert.
>   Paris/ Montréal 1992, 59-68.  >>
>
> I'm not sure what this is, is it something I look up at the library or on
> the internet?
>
> Chante

No, this is the real thing; you need a library. It's a book of collected
essays on culinary history in several languages, French and English
making up most, but not all, of the text, which is edited by Carole
Lambert, published in Paris and Montreal in 1992 by a company called
Champion-Slatkine. The title is "Du manuscrit à la table", and the ISBN
is 2-7606-1564-2 _OR_ 2-85203-707-6. The rest of the above is the title
of an essay by Philip and Mary Hyman.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy