SC - Fw: [TY] recipe question

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Mon Dec 13 22:07:23 PST 1999

I would check this file in the Florilegium in the FOOD section:
fruits-msg       (185K) 10/21/99    Medieval fruits and fruit dishes. Recipes.

There is a Russian recipe in there that ferments the fruit.

In some ways Melandra's description sounds more like compost but that is
apparently pickled rather than fermented. But more fruit is gradually
added as some is used. Sometimes throughout the season, so that it gets to
be a mix of different fruits.

For more info on compost, check this file in the FOOD section:
pickled-food-msg  (67K)  9/28/99    Medieval pickled food. recipes.

Stefan

> When this came across my screen, I thought, "oh, yes, we've talked about
> that quite a bit, I know I have saved recipies for that", and guess what,
> I don't (at least not that I can find.  I will check the Florilegium
> next, but does anybody know of a period source I can look in off the top
> of their heads?
> Christianna

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net