SC - Sweets to the sweet, have some fruitcake...

Lilinah biti-Anat lilinah at grin.net
Tue Dec 14 01:36:55 PST 1999

/UlfR Wrote:
>On Mon, 13 Dec 1999, Lilinah biti-Anat wrote:
> > Also, i remember from long ago reading some recipes that called for
> > candied angelica. Is this something anyone has found or made, and if
> > so, how does it taste?
>
>Angelica archangelica?
>
>One of the few exported plants from scandinavia during the medieval
>period. Supposedly protected from the plague.

Gee, so a good fruitcake really is therapeutic...

Well, i don't know how well it would work in a fruit cake :-) but,
yes, it's angelica archangelica. Apparently the stalks are/were
candied. I read about it in the 60's or 70's, but i've never seen any
candied angelica. And i have a black thumb, so i've never tried to
grow any.

Anahita al-shazhiya