SC - Need venison advice!

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Wed Dec 15 18:42:45 PST 1999

In a message dated 12/15/99 3:07:32 PM Eastern Standard Time,
rbnew at ftw.nrcs.usda.gov writes:

<< My collie and my dad's two Boston Terrier's are enjoying
 venison and wild hog bones this fall (boiled first, of course
 -- we actually left a lot of meat on the bones and then
 throw them away before the dogs start splintering them). >>

The opposite has been my experience. Boiling the bones first causes them to
splinter. Raw bones hardly splinter at all, is a natural food for dogs and is
more easily digested.

Lady Phlip has much experience with this and, hopefully, can be persuaded to
share her viewpoint.

Ras