SC - Olives

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Thu Dec 16 21:51:27 PST 1999

Ras commented:
> Last year when they
> were available I scraped off the coating and started some olive trees from
> the seeds. This year I really would like to eat them. :-)

I've not eaten many olives, so a question: What is this coating that you
speak of? Is this a commercial perservative? Or are you just saying you
got rid of the fruit portion of the olive so you could plant the seeds?

And secondly, how did your olive seeds do? Ohio/Pennsylvania is not the
climate I usually think of for growing olive trees. Or are these more
like houseplants that live in pots and get put inside each winter?

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net