SC - Check Cards-OT-OOP

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Wed Dec 22 14:33:41 PST 1999

In a message dated 12/22/99 9:56:37 AM Eastern Standard Time,
grizly at mindspring.com writes:

<< Acquisition of said VISA check cards is restricted by credit history, and
those who are rebuilding their credit history will have difficulty getting
one. >>

I'm surprised since using the VISA portion of a check card automatically
deducts the amount from your checking account. When the card is put through a
reader, it automatically tells the clerk that the transaction is declined if
insufficient funds are in the checking account to cover it. My bank (in PA)
automatically rolled all their customer's MAC cards over to VISA check cards
to allow them to use them at stores that, for whatever silly reasons, did not
accept MAC.

You might want to contact your GA officials that make these decisions and
remind them that a VISA check card is more secure than any credit card
because if the funds aren't in the bank, the card doesn't work. If the funds
are there then they are deducted from the account immediately and transferred
to the merchant's account. :-)

Ras