SC - OT: Christmas Dinner... :)

Alderton, Philippa phlip at morganco.net
Mon Dec 27 07:33:37 PST 1999

Well, my original Xmas dinner plans fell through, so I went and shared the
holiday with some friends who are pretty broke this year, and bought them a
few groceries to help round out our dinner. A neighbor had given them a
home-smoked ham, and we'd gotten 50 lbs of potatoes on sale for $4.95, so I
filled in with a couple cans of sweet potatoes, and pie makings. Mary makes
killer pies, and she made chocolate, pumpkin, and lemon. I added my hot
salad, and I made appetizers (rumaki and stuffed mushrooms) as well as a
simple punch for the kids (apple juice and 7Up) I also made some egg nog,
Emeril style, for the grown-ups- that stuff is GOOD!- drank half a gallon
all by myself!

All in all, I stuffed myself into semi-consciousness.......

Finally coming to..........

Phlip

Nolo disputare, volo somniare et contendere, et iterum somniare.

phlip at morganco.net

Philippa Farrour
Caer Frig
Southeastern Ohio

"All things are poisons.  It is simply the dose that distinguishes between a
poison and a remedy." -Paracelsus

Johnson: Oats -- a grain which in England sustains the horses, and in
Scotland, the men.
Boswell: Indeed, and where else will you find such horses, and such men?