SC - Christmas Dinner and Gifts

Robin Carrollmann harper at idt.net
Wed Dec 29 07:47:48 PST 1999

On Wed, 29 Dec 1999, Lurking Girl wrote:

> Vaguely related: does anyone have a
> suggestion on what to do with ~1 cup of goose blood?  It's gotta be
> good for something.

Disclaimer: I have nver cooked a goose or any component thereof, and I am
far from my cookbooks right now.  However, a web search turned up a few
things.  Two are period German recipes, though they will do you no good
right now unless you still have the giblets of the goose:
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/Medieval/Cookbooks/Sabrina_Welserin.html
(recipes # 10 & 16)

Another is for a Polish soup made with goose blood:
http://www.acc.umu.se/~effie/rec.food.recipes/polish/czernina
Ooops... just noticed that it calls for broth made from the goose
gizzards, plus the gizzards themselves.  Maybe you could substitute duck
innards?

Brighid ni Chiarain

Robin Carroll-Mann
harper at idt dot net