SC - My redaction (well, mostly) of Hoggepot

Cindy Renfrow cindy at thousandeggs.com
Wed Dec 29 10:25:14 PST 1999

<snip>
>  Make a layor of brede and blode and ley it
>therewith.  Do thereto powder fort and serue it forth.

<snip>  Make a layer of bread and blood and lay the meat and
>broth over it (I think). Sprinkle with powder fort and serve.
<snip>

Make a mixture of bread and blood and mix it therewith [to thicken the
broth].So, except for the omission of the blood, you did it according to
the recipe. :-)  It sounds yummy!

Note: If the blood is just added to the broth raw, it will clot & thicken
the broth, & will be a greyish color.  If, however, you use blood from
pan-drippings, or cook it in a skillet first to brown it, the blood will
add a lot of flavor & darken the color of the broth.

>If I were making it again, I might choose to use boneless cuts of meat rather
>than having to fish the bones out, but I'm sure the bones helped to make the
>broth better.

In addition to being up to 4x more expensive than the bone-in pieces, the
boneless cuts of chicken have very little flavor.

Regards,

Cindy/Sincgiefu
cindy at thousandeggs.com