SC - information access ...

Thomas Gloning Thomas.Gloning at germanistik.uni-giessen.de
Thu Dec 30 05:28:25 PST 1999

<<< The period cookbooks in the Crerar as of about five years ago (and
at least one early 17th c. one) have been microfilmed, ... >>>

Thank you very much for this valuable information! It will be one of
next years plans to look for these cookbooks.

I already got prints of one of the VERY rare Crerar cookbooks, Georg
Mayr's 'Ein kunstreich vnd bewert Kochbuoch', 1579; there are two
editions; and of each edition there seems to be only ONE copy extant:
the 1579-copy is at the Crerar library; the 1577-copy is in a private
collection. Alas, I don't know where. An antiquarian bookseller had the
item in his catalogue for two or three years (28.000 German Marks). When
I asked the antiquarian bookseller about the new possessor, they told
me: "We don't know. The person who bought the book came in, payd the
28.000 Marks in cash, and went out".

Thanks again,
Thomas