SC - Iced tea, was Grits

D. Clay-Disparti Clay at talstar.com
Mon Feb 1 02:42:54 PST 1999

>In a message dated 1/31/1999 11:43:27 AM Mountain Standard Time,
>snowfire at mail.snet.net writes:
>
><< What's the absolute best make of chocolate?  >>

(1) Cadbury, plain milk chocolate, or the dark mint (when I can get it). I
like my chocolate unadorned. I admit Godiva is excellent also, but it's
unavailable in Fairbanks since a specialty cooking store closed about 10
years ago. In frozen form: Haagen Daz vanilla bar with dark chocolate is
pretty good . . .

(2) Whatever's in the stores, but if I can get them, the Ghiradelli darks
are the best -- I even eat the semi-sweet.

On a side topic -- anyone else allergic to chocolate? I've discovered a
minor allergy -- if I eat too much at one time, I suddenly develop a
definite dry cough which will not go away until I quit eating the chocolate
for about half an hour. Probably explains why all the "decadent" chocolate
desserts I've met in the past were just too sweet for me. But at least I
can eat some and cook with it!

Morgana

Morgana yr Oerfa, Baroness      *     Sharron Albert
Winter's Gate/Oertha/West       *     salbert at ptialaska.net
Per saltire gules and sable,    *     Babylon 5/science fiction
in pale two mullets and         *     (astrology/tarot)
in fess an increscent           *     I saw nothing unusual in the teacher's
and a decrescent argent.        *          lounge. --Bart Simpson