SC - Chocolate

Marilyn Traber margali at 99main.com
Mon Feb 1 10:19:13 PST 1999

This reminds me of the incident when my husband decided to dub me with the
nick-name "English". He associated my wierd habit of liking pancakes and/or
frenchfries alongside gravy (as opposed to syrup or tomato catsup) as an
English trait. Mum is from London, you understand, but SHE doesn't eat 'em
that way. In fact I got it from my PA Dutch dad.

Aoife

Diana wrote:
       I remember an incident that proved to me that Northerners and
       Southerners ate differently.  My mom put a pan of plain white
       rice on the table.  Me & my sisters happily poured on the milk,
       sugar & raisins.  My little cousin from Louisiana looked at her
       bowl of rice, then looked at my mother.  "Where's the gravy?"
       she said.  She'd never heard of rice without gravy.  I'd never
       seen anyone eat rice with gravy.  Thank God I moved South!
       Leanna of Sparrowhaven