SC - Grits 'n all that stuff

Peters, Rise J. PetersR at SpiegelMcD.com
Mon Feb 1 14:17:29 PST 1999

> From: 	Peters, Rise J.[SMTP:PetersR at SpiegelMcD.com]
> >
> The thing we've been seeing here in DC lately is Chinese immigrants doing
> non-Chinese cuisines... for example, there is a "Cajun Cuisine" food stand
> they are running down the street from me, with a Bourbon Chicken that is a
> dead ringer for teriyaki ... Cajun egg rolls... it's a hoot.  Good food,
> but
> nothing like "Cajun" food.

For awhile there was a Cajun restaurant run by a Vietnamese in Oklahoma
City.  Good Cajun food with some interesting French items tossed in.

I understand a number of Vietnamese refugees relocated to the Gulf Coast
during the 70's.  Apparently, they've been absorbing the local culinary
skills to judge by the gentleman in OKC.

Bear