SC - trencher history guesses

Mon Feb 1 18:19:11 PST 1999

>  In our low-fat, small portion society, I think we often times forget that 3
oz  protions of meat are an oddity of modern culture and that the service of
these tiny portions to a guest even 30 yrs. ago would have been taken as an
insult.>

But isn't it true My Lord that in "the olden days" it was either feast or
famine?'  Meat was not eaten every day as in the recent past.    So that when
there WAS meat, it was "feast & enjoy yourself"  And eating was a way to keep
healthy! (back then.)

Phillipa