SC - trencher history guesses

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Mon Feb 1 20:11:29 PST 1999

In a message dated 2/1/99 10:57:08 PM Eastern Standard Time, troy at asan.com
writes:

<<  I'm not
 sure I buy the idea that there was all that much unrecorded bread eating
 by the less-than-well-to-do,  >>

Granted. But there certainly is no recorded recipes for peasant bread or
peasant porridge for that matter. Any discussions of peasant food preparation,
in and of itself, is an excercise in futility because we simply don't have a
record to support any theories we may put forth. IIt is my position that is
impossible to recreate a period 'peasant' dinner with any certain degree of
accuracy. The best we could do is produce a meal based on conjecture. Why
bother?

Ras