SC - Grits - regional taste differences

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Tue Feb 2 20:00:13 PST 1999

pndarvis at execpc.com writes:

<< Even if coffee was roasted in these pans, perhaps it was used with food?
as a
 flavoring?  today we have things like coffee flavored candy, ice cream, but
you
 could use it as a flavoring. I am not saying proof positive they did, but you
 could.

 lady elisabeth >>

Agreed. One of the most fabulous ways to raost beef is with a pot of coffee
poured over it. I learned this from an old world native Italaian gentleman.

Ras