SC - Bruet of Sarcynesse

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Tue Feb 2 19:49:55 PST 1999

In approximately 325 BC, Pytheas sailed from the Greek colony of Massalia
(Marseilles) to open trade with the Isles of Tin (Britain).  In the process
he circumnavigated Britain, explored islands in the North Sea possibly
reaching as far north as Norway, and visited northern Germany before
returning home.

Since there was a long and profitable trade with the Isles by the
Phoenicians and the Greeks, I would hazard a guess that the floor to ceiling
loom came with some traders attached.

Bear