SC - Chinese Explorers

Marilyn Traber margali at 99main.com
Wed Feb 3 01:00:20 PST 1999

Ok, it is really hard, take good notes... ;-)

Take left over cooked  rice and put it in a baking dish.
Take some milk 1 or 2 cups depending on how much rice you have.  You want the milk
mix to almost completely cover all the rice.  I know people that think you have 1/2
an inch or more of the milk mix than rice but that is to sweet for me.  Add 1 or 2
eggs and beat together.  Add some sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla to taste and pour
over rice.  Stir in a hand full of raisins if you have any.  Bake in a 350 or so
oven for  20 to 30 mins or till as setup and dry/creamy as you like it.  I don't
like it to dry.  Serve hot or cold and with a rum sauce or plain. I like it plain
and hot.  It doesn't have to be made very sweet.  I make it lightly sweet and the
raisins make it sweet.  It is not very important to measure, if you like the taste
of the milk mixture it will turn out great.

       I am sorry I can't tell you exactly, I do it by taste.

                    Helen