SC - modern math

Kappler, MMC Richard A. KAPPLERR at swos.navy.mil
Wed Feb 3 07:10:46 PST 1999

> Bear, have you found any hazelnut flour?  Hazelnut bread?  We know they
> ate some acorn flour in times of famine; hazelnuts are good stuff so they
> wouldn't have missed out on those.
>
> Allison

I don't have any idea what hazelwood flour was used for in period.  However,
today it is used in a number of Continental-style confections and pastries.
It and almond flour are used to produce gluten free breads and crackers.
And Tom Emerick does calves live in hazelnut flour and balsamic vinegar as
specialty for the River Cafe in Houston.

Bear