SC - modern math

Shari Burnham pndarvis at execpc.com
Thu Feb 4 11:56:22 PST 1999

Bonne of Traquair wrote:

> but hasn't anyone READ Beau Geste?  or am I thinking of some other
> foreign legion story and this was never anything but a movie?

No, "Beau Geste" was most certainly a book -- Christopher Wren wrote it, IIRC.

It was made into a movie, though, at least four or five times prior to
the release of "The Last Remake of Beau Geste". As I said previously, it
seems to owe a fair amount to "The Four Feathers", too, which is about
Englishmen in the _British_ military service in Africa, the Sudan, as I
recall. They also jined up for unorthodox reasons, especially the main character.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com