SC - OOP Corn Bread recipe

THLRenata@aol.com THLRenata at aol.com
Fri Feb 5 14:00:26 PST 1999

Master Huen, in your redaction of the Waffres recipe from Thomas Austin's Two
Fifteenth Century Cookery Books from
<A HREF="http://www.labs.net/dmccormick/huen/huenrec/hrec43.htm"> </A>A
<A HREF="http://www.labs.net/dmccormick/huen.htm"> Boke of Gode Cookery</A>
you substitute "the womb of a luce" with chicken egg yolks.  I suppose this is
an acceptable substitution, if you assume the original meant the roe of a
luce.  Even so, though, wouldn't fish roe be much more like the original than
chicken eggs?  Seems to me there would be a vast difference in taste.  I've
eaten pike and carp roe, and caviar.  All have a delightfully strong "fish"
taste not found in chicken eggs.

Mordonna DuBois
House Warrior Haven
Barony of Atenveldt