SC - OOP Corn Bread recipe

THLRenata@aol.com THLRenata at aol.com
Fri Feb 5 14:45:04 PST 1999

On Fri, 5 Feb 1999 THLRenata at aol.com wrote:

> Does anyone (maybe someone of Southern extraction?) have a recipe for ice,
> moist cornbread?
> My office is having a Southern/Cajun potluck next week.
> I've tried the recipe of the box of cornmeal and it's waaaay too dry.

I was born in Southern California, and I live in Southern Oregon- does
that count? ;-)

Here's my cornbread recipe- when I pulled it out of the box I realized
that the card is about 17, maybe 20 years old, from the days that the
circle I hung with was having babies, piecing quilts, and doing everything
whole-grain. I'll admit this is one of the few whole-grain recipes that I
could stand. And yes, it is quite moist!

Janet's Cornbread

1 c. yellow corn meal
1 c. whole wheat flour
4 tsp. baking pwdr.
1/2 tsp. salt
2 eggs
1 c. milk
1/2 c. cooking oil
1/2 c. applesauce
2 T. honey

Stir dry ingredients together, then add ones and beat until mixed well.
Pour batter into well-greased 8X8" pan, and bake at about 375 degrees for
25-30 minutes. Toothpick inserted in center should come out clean. Best
eaten hot with butter and honey, but also good cold crumbled into a bowl
with milk. If there's any left, that is!

'Lainie
- -
Laura C. Minnick
University of Oregon
Department of English
- -
"Libraries have been the death of many great men, particularly the
Bodleian."
	Humfrey Wanley, c. 1731