SC - Taffy

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Fri Feb 5 17:45:02 PST 1999

Greetings, Renata!

Strange you should ask.  Yes, I am planning to bring it on February 20th --
and you are invited to have some.  (My coming is rather tentative.  See
below.  My activities will be curtailed even more.  Sigh!)

My back went out two weeks ago, and it threw me into migraines that kept
coming and going.  One attack was my third minor stroke - migraine type.  I
was at work, and the paramedics were called, so I was very uncomfortable
with being the center of so much attention.  I went to Kaiser and learned
several things.  Good news:  Migraine-type strokes don't leave lasting
disabilities, though one woman who had an experience similar to mine, except
that it was major, was not able to see normally for 8-1/2 months.  She is
fine now.  Two years ago at UCLA, a woman was on the operating table.  They
were working on her brain, and everything was being videotaped and
documented.  She went into a migraine, and they confirmed what they had
guessed, that the blood vessels in the brain constrict tightly.  The bad
news is that they still do not know why.  I am on the latest, cutting-edge
program, so the doctor was pleased with that.

I want to call the baroness and see if she has any info about this.

My class started Tuesday night.  I have to read 10 books, 7 for class
meetings, and 3 for a report.  I am taking the economic history of the U.S.
I am learning a lot (I read a book over the break).

Thanks again for the address for the cooks group.  I am really enjoying it.

Gertraud