SC - Questions PPC

Marian Deborah Rosenberg Marian.Deborah.Rosenberg at washcoll.edu
Tue Feb 9 16:32:26 PST 1999

In a message dated 2/8/99 11:29:08 PM !!!First Boot!!!, margokeiko at esslink.com
writes:

<<
 I've had something I believe is similar to this - Killer Pecans.  They were
 sweet, though.  Have you tried doing these with some brown sugar?  I wonder
 how that would be?

 Faoiltighearna

Funny you should mention that i make spicy sweet pecans every year for the
holidays and the people that get them one year always ask are these those nuts
with a glazed look in their eye so here is a recipe for those nuts enjoy them

1 1/2 c light brown sugar 1 c orange juice 1/4 c butter grated rind of one(1)
orange large pinch of cayenne pepper 1 tsp. mild curry powder 2c pecan halves
in med size saucepan set over low heat stir sugar and juice together until
sugar dissolves. Turn up the heat bring syrup to a boil and boil until syrup
reaches 240 f do not stir. this soft ball stage if you do not have a
thermometer drop a bit of syrup into cold water id you can press it flat and
it is slightly sticky you are there. As soon as the syrup is at this stage
remove from heat add butter orange rind and spices stir until well blended add
pecans and stir until they are well coated and begin to look sugary turn
mixture out on to a well buttered cookie sheet and working quickly pull nuts
apart to separate them allow to cool completely over night pack them in air
tight container enjoy
                        Joram Kingdom of the East Barony of the Bridge