SC - Fw: Re: HERB - Feverfew & bitter tonics-OOP

Bonne oftraquair at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 14 16:09:16 PST 1999

At 7:32 PM -0500 2/9/99, Marian.Deborah.Rosenberg at washcoll.edu (Marian
Deborah Rosenber wrote:

<excerpt>Okay, my professor has accepted my doing a feast for the end
of semester class project.  Next class I will be hitting my fellow
students up for a promise of money.  (I'm thinking $5 a head
budget???)

</excerpt><<<<<<<<

Seems reasonable.

<excerpt>Now, here is my question for the list.  I am doing Spanish
Middle Ages here....Also, if anyone has suggestions for other sources
(journals, books, things like that . . . ) to look at, I would be most
appreciative.

</excerpt><<<<<<<<

For a source for worked-out recipes for Islamic Spanish medieval food,
try our Miscellany, webbed at:

http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/cariadoc/miscellany.html

and look through the Islamic section and the desserts, etc, section for
things where the source is either Andalusian or Al-Andalusi. We haven't
done much with Christian Spanish food; one exception is a 16th-c recipe
which was translated by Robin Carrol-Mann, on this list, for onion
pottage. If you want something that late, let me know and I will post
it (it has been posted here before, but not for a while), since it is
not in the webbed Miscellany.

Elizabeth/Betty Cook