SC - Spanish Period Food (was: Questions PPC)

Elizabeth Pruyn skolmarm at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 14 21:51:13 PST 1999

Going through some week old digests, I find Mordonna asked:
> Does anyone have good suggestions on where to find delicacies such as
> freshwater fish roe?  Now that the subject has been braced, I find myself
> craving some good old Southern Fried roe.

I'm afraid I can't help with fish roe (yet - unless someone posted something
I haven't seen yet) but when looking for unusual food items, you might try
some of the suggestions given in this file in the FOOD section of my
Florilegium:
food-sources-msg  (28K)  8/21/98    Modern sources for unusual medieval meats
                                       and other foods.

I'm always looking for additional info such as this if you have any to add.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net
**** See Stefan's Florilegium files at:
          http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html ****