SC - Baba Ganoush and Hummus

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Mon Feb 15 14:02:20 PST 1999

>I don't have the original of Platina -- is it in Italian or Latin?  When
>was Epulario written?  And Varenne?  And Apicius?

I don't have Platina either. Wasn't it Latin, based on Martino's Italian?

>Are the 2 listings for Ancient Cookery for the same text?

No, there are two different texts both in Cariadoc's first volume of
facsimile reprints.

>Is the "Cariadoc, vol. II" you refer to: Freedman, David, ed.  A Collection
>of Medieval and Renaissance Cookbooks.  Volume II.  Third edition.
>Chicago, 1989.?  If so, what is the bibliographic info for Vol I?

Yes, that's the one, I just didn't want to type it all out. I've got more
complete bibliography on a disc in storage somewhere. But the Volume II I
have is from 1993. Since my stuff is in storage I don't have the
bibliographic info for Volume I handy, I think it's from 1987.

Valoise