SC - period bread comments

Donna Hrynkiw donna at Kwantlen.BC.CA
Mon Feb 15 15:40:28 PST 1999

Bonne asks:

Adamantius, I find this an intriquing way of celebrating, and if it's
not intruding I'd love to hear why you celebrate in this way.

Adamantius is most likely off-line at the moment, and since I asked him the
same thing, I thought I'd pass on to you his explanation.

His Lady Wife, Susan, is a Chinese- origin American, and what they are
celebrating is Chinese New Year. Part of the tradition involves cleaning the
house from stem to stern, in order to start the New Ywear off on the right
foot- the other part involves not hearing any bad news, for the same reason.
Among Chinese Americans who participate in this celebration, it is
traditional to not answer the phone as another measure to ensure that no bad
news is heard, and he's also cutting off his computer for the same reason.

Adamantius, luv, did I do you justice?

Phlip