SC - Professional knife sharpeners

Jennifer Carlson JCarlson at firstchurchtulsa.org
Wed Feb 17 07:59:40 PST 1999

My mother used to take her shears to a machine shop that had a knife
grinder on staff.  I remember him valiantly trying to save her pinking
shears after my little brother had used them to cut sandpaper.  She
sharpens her own knives, honing them quite nicely on the unglazed bottom of
her largest crockery bowl.

Here in Tulsa, one of the Hancock's fabric stores has a grinder come in
twice a year to do scissors and shears.  They advertise for a couple of
months in advance.  You might check with your local fabric stores.
 Grinding a pair of shears is a different proposition from sharpening a
knife.

Talana
Whose husband has rescued many a wonderful knife from thrift stores.