SC - Re: Recipe from Murrell

Elise Fleming alysk at ix.netcom.com
Wed Feb 17 14:41:50 PST 1999

Oh, I am so glad to hear the entrepreneurs are still there.  the jewish pickle guy is a couple
of blocks down, near the Lafayette station(orange train 5, or was it 6?)Still miss the
cuisine.*

*One of the places that delivers chinese food to us constantly here (mundanely Milwaukee, wI)
is a little guy in his late 60's in his kitchen whites (white t shirt, white pants, white
apron, little paper hat) brings us food at 9pm about three or four nights a week, and we had
our roomie's fat cat katie (at the time this happened), and they really got along, so one night
he was petting her and said (in chinese broken english) "such nice kitty,sometime back home
other people eat kitty,I like kitty, no rat" to which my other half replied "Five dollars
tastes like chicken" and the poor man kinda chuckled then looked worried.
I assured the man that my British spouse was joking and being a shit and didn't mean it. He
still pets our other kitties but misses Katie (she's the housecat at a resort in Eau Claire,
WI).