SC - Sourdough OOP -- Did We Ever Reach a Concensus?

Wed Feb 17 19:57:31 PST 1999

At 06:32 PM 2/17/99 -0500, you wrote:
>I'm preparing 5 or 6 menus, each based on a
>different Shakespearean play, & specific to what that play's characters
>would have eaten.
>I've downloaded the plays from the net, & can search what I've got, but it
>would help to know where to look & what keywords to use.
>Cindy

Mom says, try feasts and festivals. But she doesn't recall anything in the
way of what you describe. There was a great deal of association between
herbalism and traits (like bravery, honesty, etc). But this was often
mostly a theatrical shorthand for the audience.

Personally, I would start with the wedding party in "the Merchant of
Venice", or look thru "A Midsummer Night's Dream", and key word *exactly*
the type course you would expect. Something like "Macbeth - keyword:
Beouff/beef".

Franz