SC - Re: Onion pottage

Gaylin Walli gwalli at infoengine.com
Thu Feb 18 10:21:38 PST 1999

If I'm not using my sourdough every day, I keep it covered with a damp cloth in
the refrigerator.
Leanna of Sparrowhaven

From: <sca-cooks at Ansteorra.ORG> AT SMTP on 02/17/99 09:25 PM

To:   "'sca-cooks at Ansteorra.ORG'" <sca-cooks at Ansteorra.ORG> AT
      SMTP at ccmail-hub@ccmail-hub
cc:    (bcc: Diana L Skaggs/prsnl/busfin/Okstate)

Subject:  RE: SC - Sourdough OOP -- Did We Ever Reach a Concensus?

> In our sourdough discussions of month back, was a concensus ever reached
> on
> whether the starter should be in a closed jar or not?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Renata (Herman is awake...)

I don't think a consensus was reached.  I tend to keep mine covered to avoid
molds and I would close the jar if I put it in the refrigerator to reduce
dehydration.

Bear