SC - Diabetes and diet

Jennifer Carlson JCarlson at firstchurchtulsa.org
Fri Feb 19 08:34:57 PST 1999

Valoise Armstrong wrote:

> >Gertraud  (Maryann Olson) wrote:
>
> >1553:  Sabrina Welserin (also translated on-line by Alia Atlas, I think, but
> >I can't find confirmation in my copy)
>
> No, actually that translation is mine.
>
> There is a really good chart on German medieval and renaissance spices,
> taken from 7 books ranging from 1350-1581, at:
> http://www.silk.net/sirene/medgerm.htm
>
> Valoise Adalhaid von Metz
> (Valoise Armstrong)

FWIW, I'm fairly certain Caterina Sichlingen Von Nurnburg (Alia Atlas)
has been working on a translation of Sabina Welserin for some time now,
with several other German sources more or less simultaneously, and the
possibility does exist that some of her work on the source is available
on the Web. It's hard to say, in this instance, which version Gertraud
was looking at, at least from what I saw mentioned on the cooks' list.
Caterina's material on the Web has been moving around from site to site,
and doesn't seem to stay at one URL for very long, so it can be hard to
find, which might make Valoise's translation a more likely candidate.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com