SC - pepper

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Fri Feb 19 19:03:19 PST 1999

> White pepper and black pepper  from the same plant. White pepper has had the
> outer layer removed. The main reason to use white pepper is for foods that
> some folks would find objectionable with black spots flosting in them , such
> as  cream soups or mashed potatos.

Oh, no.  Well, people have always enjoyed my potatoes, black specks and all.
Sigh, I never considered using white pepper, but most people appreciate the taste
of my foods, if not always the look.  For instance, the children that I babysit
often see things like pottage or oatmeal stuffing on the menu.  I have a well
trained crew.  They ask what's in it, I tell them, they say "cool" and eat it
(except for my own 4 year old though my 1 year old loves it).

Brenna