SC - Roux

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Sun Feb 21 08:37:08 PST 1999

In a message dated 2/20/99 11:13:07 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
charding at nwlink.com writes:

>  Where does okra originate?
I don't know if Okra is period, or not.  I do know it was brought into the
South by African Slaves.  Whether it originated in Africa, or was one of those
plants that made the trip from the New World to Africa, then back to the New
World, or if they brought it here directly from their sojourn in the Caribbean
is up to some of the more well read experts.

Mordonna